The Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail (FoMVT) is seeking candidates to join our Board of Directors and serve in the role of Treasurer. FoMVT is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that partners with the National Park Service to improve the Mount Vernon Trail through volunteer stewardship.
The ideal candidate will have some experience with book keeping or accounting. The primary duties of the Treasurer include:
- Monthly tracking and reconciliation of income and expenses
- Producing monthly and annual financial statements
- Completing annual federal and state financial documents
As a member of the Board of Directors, responsibilities include:
- Service on at least one committee to provide recommendations to full board
- Reviewing and adopting organizational plans and policies
- Supporting the organization through giving or getting resources
- Serving as an ambassador for the organization
The anticipated time commitment is 4 hours per month. If you are interested please send an introductory e-mail to Board Chair Judd Isbell at email@example.com telling us about yourself and what interests you in serving on the Board and as our Treasurer by July 30th. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed by a committee of current Board members.
FoMVT strives to build a Board that reflects the diversity of the people that use the trail.